herac
Pine Script Master
Pine Script Master

Hi Coders

Hi,

My name is Simon and I am 21 yo. My trading journey started at the beginning of the big crypto bull market in late 2017 when I have bought XRP at 0.10 rode it all the way up to 3.30 and still end up losing money. However, I still believe it was one of my best investments since it showed me the potential of trading. I primarily focus on cryptocurrency trading (swing, systematic approach) and now I came to the point where I want to learn to code in order to backtest my ideas. I am still a student and this semester I decided to write a thesis about crypto trading where I would like to use my own scripts. I would appreciate any help with this work, and I am more than happy to answer any of your questions about trading. I will do my best.

Stay strong. :wink:

Deep-Wave
Pine Script Master
Pine Script Master

Re: Hi Coders

Hi Simon,
welcome, nice to have you here! I would be very interested in reading your thesis when it’s ready 😉

Cheers ,

Matthew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Welcome Simon! That's a great story, thanks for sharing. I can very much relate to that. In 2017 I'd been trading for a year or so, and saw my crypto portfolio go from 3k to 60k and back down to 20k before I took profits haha. It was a really rough experience for me, but it jump-started my trading career too! I learned a lot of valuable lessons from that experience and how badly I handled the situation.

Great to have you here mate, good luck with your thesis :)

dusktrader
Pine Script Scholar
Pine Script Scholar

Hi Simon, nice to meet you. I agree the markets are fascinating! I have dabbled in trading for years and tested various strategies and markets. I keep coming back to forex because I believe it is the most un-corruptable market (I would say crypto falls into the same category). Sure you can make money in equities markets, but the corruption part is bothersome: corruption makes trading patterns not work well. So volatile markets like forex and crypto are perfect for automating pattern identification strategies I think!

Return to “Introductions”