pineapple
Pine Script Scholar
Pine Script Scholar

Hola everyone

Hey everyone, and thanks @Matthew for the trading course, loved it.

I have a strategy that I put together and is configurable with a series of input parameters. And I'm using the strategy in multiple Altcoins and creating alerts with webhooks for buy/sell. So far so good.

However, when I click on a given alert, the parameters that I created the alert with are not automatically set in the Chart+strategy that is loaded on screen. Instead, it is the default values which are assigned to each input param, as if I were loading the strategy from zero.

Has anyone found a trick around it? If I hover the mouse on the alert, I'm able to see the actual strategy params that were used so I can input them manually. But I rather have them be automatically set to the params used for that specific coin/alert once the alert is clicked.

Did I express myself properly? Any ideas are welcome.

Greetings from Buenos Aires.

Pineapple

Matthew
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hola everyone

Hi pineapple! Sorry for the late reply my friend, I've been extremely busy working on new material (and improving my own trading lol - it's a never-ending job).

I'm not sure I understand the problem you're having properly, but if you mean when you click on your alerts the TradingView platform loads the instrument you set that alert on but your indicator values don't update that's normal. Your alerts should still fire with whatever settings you had on the script when you set them.

There's not really any way around this as far as I know, unless you change your default params in the script itself so that whenever you load a market the settings you want are pre-loaded. Obviously if you use different settings on different markets that won't work though.

Sorry I can't be of more help with this one, but best of luck with your trading & coding journey my friend and welcome to the forum :) thanks for dropping by!

Return to “General Trading Discussions”